Next: Modeling Multibody Systems
- Blocks and modeling constructs for simulating and analyzing 3D mechanical systems in Simulink
- Rigid body definition using standard geometry and custom extrusions defined in MATLAB
- Automatic calculation of mass and inertia tensor
- Simulation modes for analyzing motion and calculating forces
- Visualization and animation of multibody system dynamics with 3D geometry
- SimMechanics Link utility, providing an interface to Pro/ENGINEER®, SolidWorks®, and Autodesk® Inventor®, and an API for interfacing with other CAD platforms
- Support for C-code generation (with Simulink Coder)
Modeling a Piston
Model a piston using multibody dynamics. Bodies, joints, and 3D visualization are defined and simulated.
SimMechanics is used to optimize system-level performance and to create plant models for control design. The models you create support your entire development process, including hardware-in-the-loop simulations.
SimMechanics model of landing gear. Left: 3D visualization generated automatically from the model. Right: Portion of the model.